Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

I am looking for a crocheted Oklahoma University afghan pattern?

By Evelyh from Sulphur, OK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Well, double crochet a purple background and outline a Powercat logo and the letters "Kansas State University Wildcats" with white yarn in the center of the afghan! I'm joking! I'm joking! Just a Big XII friendly rivalry remark that I couldn't stop myself from typing! :-) I'm so bad that way!

All kidding aside, check with craft stores, fabric stores or yarn shops in Norman, Oklahoma (maybe even Oklahoma City). A lot of the stores and shops in the hometowns of Big XII schools cater to the school's fans and try to stock University logo related merchandise. If an employee simply says "No, we don't have that," ask to talk to a manager who could possibly be alerted to a customer request and look for such a pattern through their individual suppliers.

Congrats to the Sooners for the Fiesta Bowl Game win and good luck finding the afghan pattern you are seeking.

Hi. I was also trying to find a pattern for an OU afghan to no avail so I went to the OU site and copied a picture of the OU logo and saved it to my pictures. Then I went to a free site for making a graph. Using this I figured using an H crochet hook each 4 stitches equaled 1 inch, using triple crochet each stitch was 1 inch. So you can make the afghan following the graph pattern. I am working on it at this time. If you need any further suggestions please feel free to contact me at wiley.m@cox.net

January 13, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a crochet pattern for an afghan or throw with OU on it, for the Oklahoma Sooners. Anyone know where I might find a pattern, or anyone have one? I've searched the internet and in stores, gonna go check out the library next. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Melissa from Bokchito, Oklahoma

Answers:

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

I have figured out how I'm gonna make this afghan, and will post a picture when it's completed.
(10/11/2007)

By mamascott

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

Here is a fun suggestion if you like using your computer. Go to google and type in cross stitch pattern maker. You should be able to find quite a few trial versions. Now find a picture of the Sooners Logo. Put it in your program now when it comes up as a cross stitch pattern copy it and you now have a pattern that can be done in granny squares. Just Make a square for each square on the graph. If you have half squares Meaning one color on one side and one color on the other half, The internet also has instructions for making two color squares. Have fun and would love to see a picture of your finished project.

Deb (10/12/2007)

By Debra F.

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

It's probably to late, but I have directions from an old melba swap column, you make up a bunch of different squares in the red and white colors. and sew them together(making and O and U ). I can scan the pattern and send to you if you want. Deb From Norman (11/08/2007)

By tede58

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

Here's a pic of one of the blocks I've made. (11/08/2007)

By mamascott

RE: Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

Update 9/16/08. found errors, pattern is corrected now, sorry!

here is the pattern i made up.

OU Afghan Square
This is my own design.
Hdc - Half Double Crochet
B- Burgundy
OW- Off White
With Burgundy:
Row 1: Chain 41. Hdc in 3rd chain from end. hdc in each chain across (39 hdc). Turn.
Row 2: Chain 2, counts as first Hdc. Hdc in each hdc across. Turn.
Row 3 and 4: Repeat row 2.
Row 5: Chain 2. Hdc in the next 6 stitches, change yarn to Off white. Hdc in next 15 stitches changing back to burgundy in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 6: Chain 2. Hdc in the next 15 stitches changing to OW in last stitch. Hdc in next 17 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 7: Chain 2. Hdc in next 4 stitches changing to OW in last stitch. Hdc in next 19 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 8: Chain 2. Hdc in next 13 stitches changing to OW in last stitch. Hdc in next 21 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 9: chain 2. Hdc in next 2 stitches changing to OW in last stitch. Hdc in next 23 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 10: chain 2. Hdc in next 12 stitches changing to OW in last stitch. Hdc in next 6 stitiches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 11 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 11 - chain 2. Hdc in teh next 2 stitches changing to ow in the last stitch, hdc in the next 6 stitches changing to b in the last stitch, hdc in the next 11 stitches changing to ow in the last stitch, hdc in the next 6 stitches changing to b in the last stitch, hdc in the remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 12 - repeat row 10
Row 13 - repeat row 11
Row 14 - repeat row 10
Row 15 - repeat row 11
Row 16: chain 2. Hdc in in next 1 stitch changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 5 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 3 stitches, changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 2 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitiches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 17: chain 2. . Hdc in in next 2 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 2 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 3 stitches, changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 5 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitiches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 18: Repeat Row 16.
Row 19: Repeat Row 17.
Row 20: Repeat Row 16.
Row 21: Repeat Row 17.
Row 22: Repeat Row 16.
Row 23: chain 2. Hdc in next 2 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 23 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 5 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 24: Chain 2. Hdc in next 1 stitch changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 21 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 25: chain 2. Hdc in next 4 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 19 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 7 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to b in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 26: chain 2. Hdc in next 1 stitch changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 8 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 17 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.

Row 27: chain 2. Hdc in next 6 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 15 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 9 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 28: chain 2. Hdc in next 1 stitch changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 14 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 29: chain 2. Hdc in next 10 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in next 14 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 6 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 30: Repeat Row 28.
Row 31: Repeat Row 29.
Row 32: chain 2. Hdc in next 1 stitch changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 26 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 33: chain 2. Hdc in next 11 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 24 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 34: chain 2. Hdc in next 3 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 22 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 35: chain 2. Hdc in next 13 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 20 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 36: chain 2. Hdc in next 5 stitches changing to OW in last stitch, hdc in next 18 stitches changing to B in last stitch, hdc in remaining stitches. Turn.
Row 37: chain 2. Hdc in each stitch across. Turn.
Row 38 chain 2. Hdc in each stitch across. Turn.
Row 39: chain 2. Hdc in each stitch across. Turn.
Row 40: chain 2. Hdc in each stitch across. Turn.
Finish off. Weave in loose ends.

Melissa S. Problems? Email me: bokchitoclerk AT simplynet.net

(11/30/2007)

By mamascott

Oklahoma Sooners Afghan Throw

Can you please check row 16 on the oklahoma sooners throw, and see if maybe there is another mistake as it says to do one but it don't look right looks like there should be more than 1 (11/14/2009)

By sassyone19606

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment
Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
Crafts Crochet AfghansJanuary 13, 2011
Knitted Afghan
Making a Knitted Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
closeup of Afghan Hound
Afghan Hound Breed Information and Photos
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Oklahoma Christmas Charities
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 3:37:32 AM on 10.0.1.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.