Using a Stove Outside

I have an old donated professional Garland gas stove. I have a small partially enclosed room on the ground level of my house, and am thinking of having the stove piped there. My concern is rusting for the stove since it will certainly be exposed to moisture. The idea of an outdoor kitchen has appeal, but will this just become a hunk of rusting connections right away? Any advice on desiccant that is not flammable? Wouldn't use it more than a dozen times a year.

By Linda from Boston, MA

You're in Boston, so your concerns sure have merit.

If your partially enclosed porch is partially-enclosed also during the winter so that rain and snow can get in, the only way I can see it is to oil the stove and fittings well and cover with waterproof heavy plastic. Check monthly. During the rest of the year I'd keep up the oil and wipe and re-oil after rains. I have no idea what type of oil, ask the Garland people or a large hardware store specializing in customer service. Good luck/lucky you.

I have to ask you this, is the stove made of Stainless Steel? For it is you don't have to worry about it rusting but, the only thing that will rust is the crate that covers the burners and maybe the burners but, all you have to do to prevent them from rusting is to put an light coat of oil no them to help to prevent from rusting

Home and Garden Home Improvement Kitchen AppliancesJune 8, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Stove Hood
Cleaning a Stove Hood
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Cleaning an Electric Stove
Cleaning an Electric Stove
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 4:27:29 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.