Browsing: Using Leftover Candle Wax

Reclaiming Scented Candles

I had many glass candle jars that have burned down to the bottom that could not be re-lit but still had quite a bit of wax at the bottom. What I did was purchase a candle warmer. It looks like my plug in coffee cup warmer I keep on my desk. I bought mine at Michael's for $5.00.

What this does is melt the candle in the glass and it omits the aroma of what ever candle you are burning. You no longer have to worry about a flame because you don't light the wick. But you do have to be careful not to spill the hot wax which is now liquified.

What I did with my glass candle jars was melt the remaining wax and pour it into another jar with a new wick secured to the middle. I made different layers of different aromas and colors so none of the wax went to waste. The warmer is mainly for scented candles.

By Firefly 1985

I love my warmer too! I've been experimenting with different combinations of candles, also. They smell seems stronger and lasts longer than conventional burning :)

Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 6, 2005
Reusing Candle Wax
Making Candles from Old Candle Wax
Scented Bars of Soap
Uses for Scented Soap
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 12:16:18 AM on 10.0.0.70 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.