Cleaning a Dirt Devil Shampooer

I have a Dirt Devil shampooer and need to clean the clear head where all the gunk gets sucked up. It won't come apart and needs to be cleaned badly. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

By Toni from IN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have a Hoover Steam vac that has a clear front shield where the dirty water gets sucked back into the machine. Is this what you are referring to? I have cats so mine gets clogged with cat hair no matter how good I vacuum. My hubby fashioned a "slim jim" out of a strip of metal in case he locked his keys in the car. It is a sturdy piece of steel with a notch cut out of it. I slide that into the clear shield and it grabs all that gunk right out of the shampooer. A thin metal coat hanger may work for you. It was too thick for mine.

Sandy

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 10, 2010
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
Devil's Food Cake
Devil's Food Cake Recipes
Carpet Shampooer
Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 8:27:46 PM on 10.0.0.214 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.