DessertsBaking & Desserts

Old Fashioned Doughnut Recipe

Category Desserts

First I want to thank the person who sent in the Weight Watchers recipe for the pineapple pudding from the seventies. It was just the one I was looking for. Now I would like an old fashioned doughnut recipe if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.

Carlene from Oxford, ME

I HAVE A VERY OLD BOOK FROM THE 1932S IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THIS RECIPES FROM THERE EMAIL ME ALSO IN THE OLD DAYS THEY USED CAN BISCUITS

I REALLY NEED TO GET SOME COUPONS FOR REFILLS NOT THE UNIT JUST REFILLS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE SOME THANKS HAILEYBUGSGRANNY @ AOL.COM (remove spaces)

This is a recipe from the Shaker's Sabbathday Lake in Maine. It is an old recipe I believe and is excellent.

Sister Mildred's Doughnuts

1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. melted lard, 1 egg beaten, 1 cup sour buttermilk, 1 tsp baking soda, 3 cups flour,

2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. ginger*(adding ginger to the dough cuts down on the amount of grease that te doughnuts take on during frying. There is no added tast of ginger in the final product.

pinch of salt. Cream sugar,lard and egg together. Dissolve the soda in the milk and add to creamed mixture. Gradually add the flour ,nutmeg, ginger and salt. Roll out on a floured board to 1/4" thickness. Cut out and fry in deep fat (375*)

These are the BEST my family goes through a batch while I'm frying them. I hope you'll enjoy the recipe

I guess I'm not very good at navigating but I couldn't find the recipe she mentioned for the WW Pineapple Pudding. I'd like to have it if anyone knows what it is. THANKS!!

In the old days (when I was a kid) we used canned biscuits. Mom always used a pop lid to make the hole in the middle and fried them in an iron skillet.

The doughnut and the holes !!!! Have 3 bags ready and when they were cooled enough,, put them in sugar, powered sugar or cinnamom sugar.

They are soooo good.