Keep Yarn in Tissue Box

When knitting or crocheting, put your skein/ball of yarn in an empty tissue box. It keeps the yarn in place, and helps keep it from rolling around and getting tangled. It also keeps it cleaner, since it won't fall on the floor. Your yarn stays where you put it.

I let the strand of yarn come out of the tissue opening most of the time. But for bigger skeins that fit in the box a bit tight, I make a small hole in one end, and pull the strand out through the hole. I wish I'd thought of this a long time ago! You can use different size boxes for different size skeins/balls. This is especially good when you are using more than one color at a time, since it really cuts down on tangling.

By schyresti from North Royalton, OH

I do a lot of crocheting and am constantly having scraps of yarn laying around. To combat this problem, I keep an empty boutique tissue box close to where I am crocheting. I use it until it is full, then just throw it away and start on a new one.

Colorful Tangled Yarn
Keeping Yarn From Tangling
Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 28, 2010
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet