Scenery: Granny's House in Winter

contest winner icon

This is my granny's old house. So many fun times were spent here as a child, and so much was learned. It makes me smile every time I look at this picture. I hope you do, too.

By sissys sewing

My father's family had an old homestead that was small by today's standards, I guess, but like you, I have many sweet memories of my grandmother in her house. She must have baked a thousand gingerbreads in that little house in a wood-burning cook stove.

There was a pomagranite tree in her front yard that was still alive and bearing fruit when I was 40 years old.

Thank you for sharing Sissy. I love the photo.

Pookarina

This looks like a very cozy place to have lived and played in as a child. Simple and safe from all harm.

A great picture, Sissy.

Thumbs Up!

StarWarsCollector

This looks like a picture you'd see in a story book, Sissy. Wouldn't you like to hear the story it could tell?

Thank you for sharing it with us.

HokeyPoke

Reminds me of my grandparents. Thanks for sharing, it's a lovely picture. Makes me remember my grandparents and all the good times I had with them as a child.

Awwww... I can just imagine all the wonderful memories you have had in this cute house. Just over flowing with love & laughter. Thank you for sharing.

I love the picture, I remember my grandmas old house also, sure brings back some great memories. Thanks for sharing....Terri :)

Photo of snowy trees in the mountains.
Snow Scenery Photos
Photos SceneryFebruary 28, 2011
Granny Square Heart
Crocheted Granny Square Heart
crochet granny square in blues and white
Projects Using Crocheted Granny Squares
Granny Square Patterns
Granny Square Patterns
Granny Square Purse
Making a Granny Square Purse
🎄