A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

Benjamin Franklin said, "A penny saved is a penny earned." I say a dollar saved is more than a dollar earned because it generates interest and you don't need to pay taxes on it. For example, if you use a one dollar off coupon at the grocery store, it has greater value than the one dollar you earned working for your employer. So the dollar you saved is worth more than the money you earned. (grin)

By Carol from Wyoming, PA

You are ONE SMART lady!

Wow, you are absolutely right! I never thought of it that way.

I have been a coupon queen & you are absolutely right! Hey, I'll also pick up a penny on the ground. It's too bad some people do not see it this way. Thanks for sharing.

I make a good salary and so does my husband. Our children are grown, our house is paid for, we only owe for 1 truck, but I am going to retire in 3 more years and I know that there is going to be a time when I won't have the same income. Every time I see a penny, or anything else of value, on the ground, I do not hesitate to pick it up. Every penny of mine I don't have to spend is another penny I will have for retirement. I don't have to live frugally, but it is so much more satisfying and peaceful to live this way. It is also a fun challenge to see how much money I can save.

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 6, 2008
putting a penny into a pink piggy bank
What Have You Done to Save a Penny?
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎉
🎄