Wash Your Hands to Prevent Staph - Categories:

AdviceHealth & Beauty

Wash Your Hands to Prevent Staph

My sister works in a hospital operating room. She said staph infections are on the rise right now. She said if anyone is having any doctor's visits, surgical procedures, visiting hospitals, dealings with the public, etc. Washing good afterward with antibacterial soap or hand gel is of the importance.

By Terri from NV

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

a preschool teacher told me a good way to teach kids how to wash properly is to use anti-bacterial soap and to sing a song all the way through or say there ABC's very slowly and thats long enough to kill germs. A fast swish does not do it even if you use anti-bacterial soap you have to wash for aleast 2 minutes to kill germs. I thought that was a good suggestion from the teacher which will let the kids make it fun as well as the right way.

The first thing we do when we enter our house after shopping or going anywhere is wash our hands! ...I'm somewhat of a "hand washing buff"! ...But, I heard that most of the germs are now NOT being killed by the ingredient in the "antibacterial" soaps because they are now immune to it. But, washing your hands with ANY soap is a great idea! They say to teach your kids to wash their hands for the length of time it takes to sing the "alphabet" song. Also in the winter & flu season I spray plain old Rubbing Alcohol on to my light switches, door knobs & other surfaces to kill any lingering germs & I also Alcohol or Bleach my phone. My roommate use to think I was nuts, but I rarely get sick, so I must be doing something right!

IMPORTANT: I got a nasty fungus on my face by using a pay phone or a public phone in the lobby of a doctors office several years back. Be super-careful that you NEVER let a public phone touch your face! And never let them put make-up on you that they've used on someone else... & that goes for the make-up brushes to! ...I clean my make-up brushes weekly with water, shampoo & a bit of bleach. I have several, so I switch them out, while one is drying, I'll use the other one.

I am a living example of that! A staph bacteria got in my eye during eye surgery at a local hospital recently and I was temporarily blinded, with permanent damage to that eye. Believe me, I firmly believe in anti-bacterial soap!

Great idea! Now if we can get the doctors and nurses to do the same. The reason Staph is spread around is that the docs and nurses are not doing good hand washing. My husband last year had a minor hernia repair and ended up with a massive Staph infection. Now, he was told if he had surgery again for any reason he could die if he developed Staph again because the medication does not work anymore. If the drug companies would stop working on erectile dysfunction and work on a medication against the "super bugs" we could get rid of the problem.

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 16, 2008
Vegatables being washed in a sink.
Homemade Vegetable Wash Recipes
oinment bottle
Treating a Staph Infection (Cellulitis)
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Homemade Body Wash in a Bottle
Homemade Body Wash Recipes