Wildlife: Rose Breasted Grosbeak

I was standing at my patio door trying to get a picture of a Baltimore Oriole that I could hear in my backyard when this little guy landed on the back of one of my patio chairs. This is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

By Mary Moo from Wilmington, IL

I brought this to the attention of my husband who is a Vietnam Veteran, and we both thoroughly enjoy your picture. I was always wondering what a Baltimore Oriole looked like. We live in an apartment complex and the name of our street is Oriole Lane.

Great photography!

That is fabulous photography! I was fortunate enough to see a Rose Breasted Grosbeak one time here in South Georgia - guess he was on his way to Florida. The coloring on them is truly striking, isn't it? I've never seen a Baltimore Oriole - I bet they are pretty, too. We have yellow orioles here. Thanks for sharing this pic with us and God bless you.

Thank you so much for posting this picture. We had a couple that kept visiting our suet feeders, and had no clue what they were! We now have an oriole feeder and enjoy waiting for them in the mornings and evenings!

Garden Bird
Garden Bird Photos
Photos WildlifeMay 21, 2009
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🎉
🎄