Preventing Scratches on Floors

My furniture kept scratching my floor. I bought the carpet piece they sell for $1 at Dollar Tree. I cut it to the size I needed and used mounting tape ($1 at Dollar Tree) to affix to all my furniture. This way you get the size and shape you need. One carpet piece goes a long way. This is much less expense than buying the ready made pads.

By Conniek812 from Evansville, IN

Thanks for the tip. I just put down new flooring and was going to buy furniture protectors from Home Depot.

July 2, 2009 Flag

Use felt on the bottom of your furniture legs to prevent scratching the floor underneath.

By Erica

Editor's Note: We recently installed hardwood floors in our house and this tip is a must. The cheapest way that we have found to do this is to buy bigger pieces of felt with adhesive on the back. The brand we have been buying is by Soft Touch and the product is called "Heavy Duty Felt Blanket". You get two 4 1/2 in. by 6 in. pieces of self-stick felt that can be cut into pieces to fit different types of furniture. Some lazy-boy style chairs may need long, large pieces, while dining room chairs just need four small pieces. It's cheaper to buy the big large pieces and cut them to fit than it is to buy the variety packs that may or may not work with the different types of furniture you have.

You can also buy some felt fabric and glue it onto the furniture but one advantage of the self stick is that it is fairly easy to remove if need be.

If anyone else has any more tips for preventing scratches on floors, feel free to submit them.

Answers:

Preventing Scratches on Floors

I am very interested in purchasing the ''Heavy Duty Felt Blanket''by ''Soft Touch'', but cannot locate them on the computer.Do you have an e-mail address for the company ? Thank you. (03/24/2005)

By Daffodilhill

Preventing Scratches on Floors

We purchased ours at Fred Meyer http://fredmeyer.com/ which is are stores in Washington State and Oregon. The company that makes them is Waxman. Here is that companies web address: http://www.waxman.com/surfaceprotectionproducts.htm

The product is Soft Touch by Waxman, Heavy Duty Felt Blanket (7200) 4 1/2 in x 6 in.
Hope this helps,
Susan from ThriftyFun (03/24/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Preventing Scratches on Floors

Thank you so very much for the information on this product. (03/28/2005)

By Daffodilhill

furniture glides call soft touch#6277

I used to get these glides at Walmart and can no longer find them. I have looked in a lot of places and to no avail. We use these on chairs to move on carpet in a dining room. They are great.Please help Thanks (12/01/2008)

By mstamm AT kc.rr.com

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJuly 2, 2009
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Scratched Wood Floor
Repairing Scratches On Wood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄