Toilet Clogged With Feminine Pad

I accidentally flushed a women's pad down the toilet in the middle of the night. The toilet overflowed, so I shut of the water valve. I want to use the Dawn/hot water fix. Do I keep the water valve off before I do this fix? Please help. Thanks.

By Rhonda from Phoenix, AZ

Best Answer

Pads are NOT made to break up. I don't think you are going to be able to get this out without either a plunger or a snake. I wouldn't even try anything else.

I don't know about the Dawn fix, but if you use a plunger you might be able to push it out into your sewer system/septic system, or move it back up and out using a plumber's snake. If you are lucky, maybe the pad has started to break up. Good luck!

Dawn isn't going to fix this one. That's for breaking up goop. I would try vigorous plunging. If that doesn't work, you'll have to snake it.

Hey! I did try the Dawn and hot/warm water fix....and guess what? It did work! Thanks for all of your help!

clogged toilet
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Feminine Pads
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingApril 8, 2010
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Disposing of Feminine Personal Hygiene Products