Wildlife: Heron

In Florida, we are blessed with much wildlife, including many different species of heron. One morning when I was leaving for work, I found this guy perched on the roof of the car. Luckily I had my camera with me because we were having a going away party that day for a co-worker.

He not only allowed me to take his picture, he also let me get into the car, but hopped down onto the hood and rode with me for a mile before making his departure!

By Mary

He's beautiful! I wish you hadn't driven off into traffic with him on the hood though. Hate to see such a lovely creature end up as roadkill or for you to have an accident because your vision was blocked. :-(

February 2, 2011 Flag

While visiting Florida, we heard this loud knocking on the glass early in the morning. We went to the patio doors and opened them to our wildlife visitor. You just never know what God's creatures will do! Was he looking for a morning coffee or a tidbit of food? Ha!

By Linn

Wildlife: Heron

Answers:

Wildlife: Heron

I love your picture! So neat to get that close to a heron! Thanks for sharing. (08/18/2010)

By nowens

Wildlife: Heron

Linn, That pic was so awesome! What a treat to have such a visitor! (08/23/2010)

By ck384

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos WildlifeFebruary 2, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:23:24 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.