Planning a Graduation Party

I am giving my daughter a college graduation party and I need help. The party is June 4, so I only have 6 weeks to get it together. I have rented our local hall to have the party at and the invitations have been ordered. There will be any where between 100 to 200 guests.

I am checking into what the cost is for a live band and for a DJ. That is all I have so far. I want to give her a nice party, however I am not rich, so I have to spend wisely. Can you give me some decorating ideals and types of food to serve for a lot of people, that is easy to prepare. I would also appreciate any other ideas anyone has that would make this a fun and memorable party. Thanks Bunches!

By 1 proud mommy from Eureka, CA

For food, sloppy joes, potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, pickles, cake, punch, coffee, tea. Decorations balloons. As a whole in my part of the country DJs are cheaper than live bands. I would have made the party an open house type affair that way you don't have to worry about entertainment. However, if the hall is large enough to have a dance, if you know people that have some games that you could borrow, I would do that. I'm referring to games such as "Corn Row"(that is what I have seen it referred to different places), what it is, is a slanted board with a hole in the raised end, and then you stand away from the low end and toss bean bags to try and get the bag through the hole. Where I live that is quite popular and then another one looks like ladders and comes with balls attached to each end of a rope and the player tosses that to try and get it over different rungs of a the ladder. That is another popular game.

With games like these set up on one end of the room you wouldn't need a dance and even if you had to buy the games it would be considerably cheaper than a dance. When the apartment complex that I live in has the yearly picnic they have a couple of these set up and people of all ages try their hand at it. I don't know a whole lot about college graduation parties, they people that I know don't have college graduation parties, we believe there should only be one party and that is for high school graduation.

I would get the balloons in her school colors w/ a few graduation-y mylar ones. Dollar tree sells a lot of nice graduation decorations, too. For food I would go w/ what the previous writer said, or I would get deli platters, salad, fruit salad, and a cake with a graduation/ school-color theme.

A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties GraduationApril 26, 2011
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation Party Cupcake
Physicians Assistant Graduation Party Ideas
🎉
🎄