Looking for Frugal Wall Decorations?

As a college student on a budget - and one living in an apartment where white walls prevail - I was stuck for cheap decorating ideas. Then it came to me - CD covers! It's amazing how elaborate some of the CD artwork can be, and I had so many of them sitting on my shelf gathering dust. Ten minutes and about 30 CD inserts later, I had some fabulous wall art. All it took was some tape to hold them in place and voila!

By Ashley

Hey, you can also go buy some old vinyl records! I used to put old album covers on my walls in college. It kind of helps if you like classic rock..or the older stuff from the 60's- 80's.

Trading Spaces had a segment where they redecorated a kitchen and used wine bottle labels all over the kitchen walls, to give the effect of wall paper. When it was finished, it had a rather neat graphic look, but I thought it was kind of dark and busy for a kitchen! A friend of my family's travels a lot, and saves things like menus from restaurants they go to, and she frames them and puts them up in her kitchen. That looks quite neat! I have also heard of people using post cards, and mounting them on some sort of board. You can also pay to have sentimental pictures blown up and use them for wall decorations, but then you are venturing into more expensive territory.

GREAT IDEA! I love the look of this especially good for TEEN or Music Room! If you have CDS that are beyond repair and / or many of those promo cd's you can reuse them for decorations too! here is a site to get ya started

http://www.cana  KimKerry1203.php

or better yet make a WINDCHIME

http://www.azce  yideas04-CR.html

here is an idea on how to recycle the empty CASES

make frames out of them!

http://www.acti  rom_cd_boxes.htm

and if you haven't found enuff ways to recycle your cds check out this site

http://www.boon  ecycleCrafty.htm

HOPE YOU ENJOY! THERE ARE TONS OF WAYS TO RECYCLE REUSE AND SAVE MONEY OUT THERE , SHARE YOUR IDEAS TOO!

living lavishly for less

anjie

www.freelancebyu.com

Great Idea. I did a very similar type of wall are by using very old pictures of my great grand parents up until my present day family. I scanned the pictures into my computer and used Photomax.com to print them (only 19 cents a picture) I just love the look.

If yoou use Photomax.com use this link to get your first 20 picture free and then only 19 cents after that

http://www.dogd  om/web/index.php

You link only gives 15 prints. I think this is the link that you wanted to post it will give you 20 free prints\

www.dogdigital.com/web/mem_reg.php?promocode=vTEjPYVUos_clcmNYGdq1dyVyY1gZ2rV3JXJjWBnatXclcmNYGdq1dyVyY1gZ2rVZZnsEbAmBL2U3YZSYtVpujANu7He6-Ts

I can't take credit for this idea but I saw it on a TV show. I plan on using it in my diningroom/library area. Anyhow what you do is find the print you like. Then get a craft canvas. Take spray adhesive and spray it on the painters canvas and smooth the print on. Then take acrylic paint and paint the edges to match the picture. Then take polyurethane and cover the picture. This makes a cheap print look like one that was purchased for hundreds of dollars at a gallery for a fraction of the cost.

I bought a set of Cd Clearpockets and they turned out be a pretty neat decorative idea. My pic shows them hanging on the wall next to my computer where I mostly listen to my CDs. I bought them online from a company in Georgia at www.CDshowplace.com.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ApartmentMarch 29, 2005
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A wall poster rolled up in a cardboard tube.
Uses for Wall Posters
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 11:18:08 AM on 10.0.2.106 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.