1980s Prom Dress

I need to find a cheap 1980s prom dress for my daughter. It is only for a dance recital, so I don't want to spend much money for it. Anyone have any suggestions where to find one besides ebay?

Note: Please do not post requests for buying or selling specific dresses here. Ebay, craigslist and freecycle are good sites in which to post that information.

Try posting a request on Freecycle. I am sure there are people out there who have one in their closet and are looking to get rid of them.

Look for a goodwill or thrift store - my sister and I found great old prom dresses for under $10 for Halloween!

both places mentioned above are great ideas, try a consignment shop too

What size do you need & do you have a preference for color? I may be able to help you. Also, what state do you live in?

joesgirl

go thriftin---Salvation Army, Good Will & Used clothing stores always have those kind of things.

I shop these places frequently so I know when I suggest these. Good Will, Salvation Army, Southern Thrift, or your local thrift store. Also sometimes yard sales will have dresses that they want to get rid of.

Post on CRAIG'S LIST in the "free" area.... But I bought an old adult size velvet & satin prom dress (for the fabric) at a thrift store last month for only $2.... Go to your local thrift store.

Many thrift stores have half off days or dollar a bag days... just look in the yellow pages under "THRIFT STORES" or "Second Hand".... Happy Shopping!

PS... If you can't wash it & it cost to much to dry-clean, you can either hang it up IN THE SUN on the line outside, because the UV rays will kill most viruses & germs, or you can put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle & spray it on the dress. (keep any flames or cigerates away until it dries!) When it dries the alcohol smell will go away! OR you can put the dress in a large bag with about half a cup of Borax & or Baking Soda... fold the top over & shake-shake-shake the dress in the bag, Let it sit for an hour or so, then take it outside & shake all of the borax off & no more musty smell! If the dress can go in the dryer, which I doubt, put 2 or 3 dryer sheets in with it & dry for 5-10 min. ---COOL!---

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 24, 2007
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Red Prom Dress
Cleaning a Prom Dress
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation
🎉
🎄