"Tin" Kitchen Backsplash

We had cupboards added on and a new countertop but the old backsplash had been tiled and we couldn't match them up. I put up the paintable wallpaper primed and painted it with silver metallic paint and then several coats of varathane. It look amazing, just like tin. For my 17 foot counter I used half a roll of the paper so the whole project was under $50.

By Carol from Waterloo, Ontario

Looks great in the photo & must be awesome to see. Very clever & affordable.

Great finished look! Makes me wonder if something similar could be done to do a faux-tin ceiling? Very clever, great post.

I love this idea and would love to do this in my kitchen. I was thinking of getting the vinyl backsplash that looks like tin, but I think this would be easier to do. It looks great!

Great idea. It looks real from the image.

This is exactly what I am wanting to do and is right in my price range. Would you post more step-by-step directions along with where to get everything? For example, did you glue it up? Paint it after it is up or before? What type of glue. I have seen pictures of where people have done this with the drop ceilings too, but also not real clear directions. Thanks, Robbyn

Nicely done and the price is right!

This is great and with the economy so bad it is a very helpful tip. I agree with Robbyn. Please tell us more info such as, where did you find the wallpaper? Next how exactly did you apply it, did you use sizing and wallpaper paste or something else? Did you use spray on metallic paint or something else, and also brand names?

Once again it is a great idea, you must be really creative. Thank you for sharing. Darlene

Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Photos Home ImprovementAugust 6, 2009
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
🎉
🎄