Burnt Sugar on a Porcelain Cook Top

How do I remove burnt sugar from porcelain cook top? I have a Dacor s/s cook top with a stain that I think is burnt on sugar that I have not be able to remove.

CPB from Florida

Did you try a magic eraser, wet and rub area and see if takes off the sugar, rinse eraser often and reuse.

If it were me, I'd take a wet washcloth or a small 100% cotton hand or kitchen towel then saturate the towelor wash cloth with very hot or boiling water by pouring water over it. Now just leave it sit overnight... It should work like when you suck on a cough drop or a piece of hard candy in your mouth... SLOWLY, the water should dissolve it... You may need to do this several more times until it's totally dissolved. Just wring out the washcloth or hand towel, then use it to wipe up as much of the burnt sugar as you can then cover up the burnt sugar again with the cloth & wet it with hot water all over agian.

* A note, Hot water will work faster than cold! Do NOT use the stove or oven until its totally cleaned off or it will burn on even more. After removing the sugar you may have to deal with the dark burnt spot if their is one... I'd do a search on ThriftyFun for the correct technique to clean your cook-top, I've seen tip on this subject on here before.

I have used Barkeepers Friend with success. (although not necessarily with burnt on sugar) I sprinkle a little on a wet paper towel and kind of rub it in and then go to work on the stain. Depending on the stain, if it seems to be raised, I first try the razor blade scraper (carefully) that came with my stovetop. I actually think this has been mentioned before on TF. Good luck.

I have used Barkeepers Friend with sucess. (have never had burnt brown sugar though) Sprinkle a little on a damp paper towel, kind of rub it in the towel, and gently scrub. However, if the stain feels raised I use the razor blade scraper that came with my cooktop. Good luck.

Can something be done with oven cleaner? I know burnt sugar isn't soluble as normal sugar would be...

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 5, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄
🍂