Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Pattern for Making Tube Socks on Knifty Knitter Loom

How do you attach the leather to the bottom of a tube sock made on the blue Knifty Knitter loom since there is no toe or heel to it? Any links?

By Linda from Brighton, MI

By Jolene [1]02/03/2011

It sounds too simple, so don't think I am making fun. You would do it the same way you would a regular sock. Figure out where you want the bottom, measure the leather, punch holes and whip stitch onto the sock. Why do you have to make tube socks? Just figure out where you want the heal and knit some extra rows in an increasing/then decreasing pattern and finish off till desired length.

By Monica [239]02/02/2011

www.kniftyknitterlooms@yahoogroups.com and www.knifty_knitter_loom_knitting_group. I'm a member of those two groups and there are very helpful people if you post a question and great links too in the files. Isela Phelps is a member of the groups.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Pattern for Making Tube Socks on Knifty Knitter Loom

I would like to find a pattern for making tube socks with the Knifty Knitter looms.

By Linda from Brighton, MI

RE: Pattern for Making Tube Socks on Knifty Knitter Loom

Try this site. It is filled with links to patterns:

knittingpatterncentral.com (06/30/2010)

By Patty Lynn

Linda, here is Isela's site she wrote the book on loom knitting. This is for socks, I hope it helps. Since my hand surgery I went back to my crocheting, I'm not doing much loom knitting. isela.typepad.com (06/30/2010)

By Jean220

Here is a Knifty Knitter group at Yahoo.com where you will find many patterns and people who share your interest in loom knitting. It's free to join, you just need to open a Yahoo account: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knifty_Knitter_Loom_Knitting_Group/ (06/30/2010)

By Patty Lynn

I came across this pattern while I was searching. It was written by a woman who belongs to the Knifty Knitter group at Yahoo:

"I got this pattern from a yahoo loom knitting group I belong to. It is so simple and quick!! All you do is use the blue KK loom and 2 or 3 strands of the worsted weight yarn of your choice (I used cotton because acrylic makes my feet sweat) or one strand of bulky weight yarn, and make a tube, about 15-17 inches long, depending on how long you want it. You just wrap it with the single wrap, like you're making a hat. Take it off the loom like a hat, using the gathering method, and you have a nice warm tube sock!! Make two of them, and these are the warmest house socks ever!! They are a little bit big on me, but they're perfect for wearing around the house and for sleeping (yes I wear socks at night). This is a very quick and simple project, good to use up spare yarn and good for Christmas gifts. I'd love to make a pair for my husband, but he hates wearing socks around the house. He only wears socks when he goes anywhere." (06/30/2010)

By Patty Lynn