Use Boiling Water to Kill Weeds

A great, thrifty, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly way to rid spaces of weeds is to simply pour boiling water on them. I use my electric tea kettle and bring some water to a boil. Then I go out and pour the boiling water on any weeds I want to get rid of. It really works! Unlike chemical weed killers, the weeds disappear after just one day! They don't grow back either. Of course, you must be careful not to burn yourself or get any boiling water on any plants that you do not want to kill.

Source: A dog rescue newsletter - it was a suggestion to get rid of weeds without using chemicals that could harm your pets.

By LoracMc from IA

Not totally environmentally friendly surely, what about the worms? I'd rather pull them or use black plastic.

Marg from England.

Rock Background with Weeds
Getting Rid of Weeds in Rocks
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJune 30, 2010
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
A nicely planted organic vegetable garden.
Preventing Weeds When Planting Your Garden
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
🎄