30th Birthday Party Theme Ideas

My son's 30th birthday is in April. He played college football and coaches track and field now. I am looking for party ideas.

By Katy from Auburn, ME

Best Answer

Mine was a few years ago and it was a blast. We had a John Hughes theme party, with everyone dressing up as characters from the different movies. Of course, the whole night had an 80's theme to go with it. We had 1980's trivia (thank you trivial pursuit), with timely music blaring from old boom boxes and movies playing in the background. I was the donger and my bf was Jake Ryan. We had several benders and ionas, and even a John Candy security guard from vacation. Probably the best costume party I've ever had! Since the costumes are relatively easy, everyone was excited to come up with something. Now they ask me to throw a theme party for my birthday every year.

Some other things I've done since:

Mafia madness (mobsters and dolls from any era)

Fingerpainting (yes, for adults. it's hilarious!)

Miniature sports (go-karts, mini golfing, foosball)

Two cupcakes with candles spelling the word "THIRTY"
30th Birthday Party Theme Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMarch 22, 2010
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
30th Anniversary Gift
30th Anniversary Gift Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
30th Birthday Party
30th Birthday Party Ideas