Vertically Organize Your Freezer

I got really tired of trying to find things in my freezer. I went to Big Lots, sort of a dollar type store in Houston and bought some plastic boxes. I only needed one. I stood my bags of meat on end like a file drawer. They are labeled and dated. The pie crusts I stood up on end, storing vertically rather than having them lying in the way all the time. The large bag of corn with a clothespin has a large bag of peas behind it, also closed with a clothespin. Dear husband found ice cream on special so he bought some. We usually have only one box of ice cream. There is a shallow shelf at the top which I couldn't get in the photo which is now housing loaves of bread. The door is for very small items, mostly frozen orange juice.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Good idea - I do similar. But, I would think that only closing a bag in a freezer with a clothespin would lead to freezer burn. I put my opened bags inside a large 2 gallon ziplock freezer bag. I wash and reuse the ziplock bags over and over, and no freezer burn.

Organizing Your Cross-Top Freezer, Picture of an organized freezer.
Organizing Your Freezer
Organizing Freezer and FridgeFebruary 23, 2011
Opening a Freezer
Troubleshooting a Freezer
Defrosting Your Freezer
Defrosting Your Freezer
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Reducing Your Freezer's Energy Consumption