Sauteed Corn, Bacon and Scallions

In my humble opinion the crushed red pepper is the perfect flavor enhancement to this recipe.

• 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch strips
  • Ad
  • 4 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen thawed
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper, or more to taste
  • 2 to 3 scallions, sliced

Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.

Add corn kernels; season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallions and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I agree with the"pepper" Deeli. Can't get along without either that or a good dash of hot sauce to flavor things up. It is very good for us too, especially for anyone with stomach ulcers, believe it or not. And just to think when my father was diagnosed with it, the good and well-meaning doctor took him off all spicy foods and put him on goat's milk for goodness sake. Nearly killed him.

Most doctors know better now, luckily.

I'd have to make a pot of brown rice when I cook this. LOL

Thank you for sharing.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesSeptember 9, 2010
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon