Packaging Quick Meals

I save the black microwave containers that frozen packaged food comes in. When I am making casseroles, chili, etc., I fill them. I use Glad Press and Seal and make my own instant food for my teenage son. They are also handy to send home cooked meals back to college. It's cheaper and it's good for them.

Great Idea! I will try it

also i read recently that it is a good way to portin control if you are dieting (not that I would EVER do that!) LOL

I must be behind the times. What is Glad Press?: I live alone and like to freeze meals for another day.

Editor's Note: It's a kind of wrap, like saran wrap only it sticks to the container, press and seal.

I too am behind the times. LOL, thanks for the info on the glad press wrap. I am gonna go get me some. LOL...

not to be a kill-joy, but the packages say not to remicrowave in those containers.

The Guest Post is right. If you read the box, almost all (if not all) of them say not to re-microwave the plastic dish that the food comes in. The idea is great though, and there are dishes that you can buy that can be re-used over and over.

As for portion control, I go buy what the box says. If you read the nutrition label, it says how much is one serving.

I always wondered why you can't re-microwave those containers. Does anyone know?

A group of kids with their dad preparing tacos for a quick weeknight dinner.
Quick Meal Ideas for Busy Families
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversAugust 17, 2006
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Yellow Plastic Container on White Background
Uses for Plastic Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄