Christmas Tree Hat
The best crafts are those that make you smile, and this one will. It's a fun holiday party hat that's a cinch to make (bear not included).
Crafting Time: approximately 30 - 45 minutes
What You Need:
- party hat left over from birthday
- green construction paper
- cellophane tape
- bits of holiday garland
- pom-poms - I collected mine off old curtain ball fringe from a yard sale
- yellow pipe cleaner
- yellow construction paper
- gold glitter glue
- craft glue or low temp glue gun with adult assistance
- Unfasten the party hat, lay it on green construction paper, trace around it, and cut out the shape. Put the party hat back together, fit the green traced piece over it and tape the two together. You now have a green cone.
- Wrap and glue garland pieces around the bottom, middle, and "almost at the top" of the cone. Glue on pom-pom balls.
- Draw and cut two star shapes from yellow paper. Glue these around one end of a 4 inch piece of yellow pipe cleaner. Put a line of gold glitter glue around the outside of the star, front and back. Stick the opposite end of the pipe cleaner into the hole at the top of the hat and glue it in place.
- Wear your hat in good health, smile, and have a happy holiday!
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!