PizzaRecipes

Pizza Sauce Without Tomatoes

I know about Ranch and BBQ sauce, but what else can you put on pizza that isn't tomato based? My 2 1/2 year old gets horrible diaper rash, but pizza is one of the few things she'll eat on a consistent basis.

By jeggie

You can make white pizza with no sauce. Use Alfredo sauce. Chile con queso sauce out of the jar. Paired with the right toppings, you could also try a steak sauce.

My husband cannot eat tomatoes either and I've started making a roasted red pepper sauce instead. I use sweet peppers (jarred preferably) and drain them, put them in the blender & add Italian seasonings to taste, and then heat. We really love it. I would think it could work on pizza as well, although I haven't actually used it for that, but it works great on pasta and in other dishes calling for tomato sauce.

Try covering the diaper area with A & D ointment. My son is allergic to tomatoes and this helped him because he loved ketchup on everything.

You might also ask your doctor if your daughter might be lactose intolerant. Mine both were (after having viruses--though later we were able to re-introduce regular milk). But that will cause awful, awful diaper rash!

It is not hard to deal with (lactose intolerance), but worth looking at if she has diarrhea and the rash is chronic.

Also, depending on your living situation, when the weather is good, let her go without a diaper as much as you can, so the air gets to her bottom. You could put a dress or skirt on her for modesty.

As for the pizza; I also like mine made with jarred pesto sauce, instead of red sauce.

Be careful with the bottled BBQ sauce, many have tomato sauce/paste in them so read the labels. There are white pizzas and also pesto--ground pine nuts and basil leaves. The red pepper sauce is a great idea. Maybe tartar sauce and fish sticks?

One of my favorite pizzas is a taco pizza. Instead of pizza sauce it uses refried beans smeared over the crust. Especially good if the crust is heavy on the cornmeal. They usually have cheeses (mozz, cheddar and or jack cheese), olives, taco seasoned ground beef, onions or green onions. Most have salsa but that could be left off. Some have avocado on top after baking.

Or see the link below for "White Pizza": http://en.wikip  izza#Pizza_types

The red pepper sauce someone posted below sounds like it would be very good to me!

Here's a recipe for a really good veggie pizza:

2-8oz packages of cream cheese

1-Dry package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Carrots

Broccoli

Onion

1-package of pita bread

Finely cut up carrots, broccoli, and onion (really anything you want on it). You can pulse in the food processor for a finer chop (which I like).

Mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing and spread over pita bread

Sprinkle on the veggies

Alfredo sauce with chicken is very good or you can use crumbled bacon with it.

Just put your choice of steamed, finrly chopped veggies and chopped or ground cooked meat on the pre-baked dough,cover it with a nice cheese and broil til the cheese is melted.

You can make a 'sauce' out of cooked veggies mixed in the blender or food processor and cover it with cheese. If the kids get used to it early enough you can feed them a very nutritious meal this way. My kids used to eat all kinds of veggies they never knew about on pizza and in meatloaf. Never a complaint! It was all about the cheese! (:

Olive oil with crushed garlic, or Alfredo sauce.

Thanks for all these great ideas. These will definately get me started.

Anonymous

I like the white sauce however, I make mine because the bottled kind is way to expensive for me. I did a Google search for white sauce's and found different kinds, also cheese sauce's, found a lot if ideas. As far as the tomato sauce I found that if you add a can of well drained carrots well blended to the tomatoes it helps with the acid in sauce. You could also cook up your carrots and blend them which saves money.