Thin Pizza Crust Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for a thin cracker type pizza crust? I have the regular flour, yeast,sugar, salt recipe, but find them hard to roll without them springing back. I want it thin and crispy. Thanks for any help.

Janet from Cotati

Not too long ago, I accidently made thin crust pizzas. I think the hot water I put in was TOO hot and it killed the yeast. My dough didn't rise, but I hand stretched it into the pans anyway. It was the best pizza I ever made!

Here is one so simple you can put away all your ingredients! Tortilla pizzas! Take buritto size tortillas and place on a cookie sheet. Usually only 2 at a time will fit on each cookie sheet. Place in a pre-heated 400 oven. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly--very lightly browned. Remove and place your pizza toppiings like sauce, cheese, pepperoni, etc. on each baked tortilla. Place back in oven on cookie sheets for approximately 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly and the pizza looks done! WOW these are GREAT! and easy. Also, you can use as a FUN lunch or dinner with friends and family. Pre-bake all the tortillas and arrange the toppings on a platter. Let everyone make their own pizza with their own topping choices to bake!

To prevent the pizza dough from springing back, try letting it rest for a minute or less. This is what I do when I shape my pizza dough.

You can get thin crust pizza with any pizza recipe. The method is simple. Roll the crust until it starts pulling back, then let it rest for 5 to 8 minutes and roll again until it pulls back. Continue this process until you get it to the desired thinness.

Valentino's Pizza Crust

Submitted by: Jody

Rated: 4 out of 5 by 64 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 35 Minutes

Yields: 12 servings

"This tender yeast crust reaches perfection when baked on a pizza stone. No need to partially bake it before topping with your favorite pizza ingredients."

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup warm water (110

degrees F/45 degrees C)

1 tablespoon white sugar

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS:

1. Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.

2. Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil, thyme or other seasonings on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.

This is the one that I use and it comes out thin.

PIZZA CRUST - THIN AND CRISPY

3 1/2 to 4 c. sifted all purpose flour

2 pkg. dry yeast

1 1/2 c. water

Olive or vegetable oil

2 1/2 tsp. salt

In large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. Blend water, 3 tablespoons oil and salt; heat to lukewarm. Add to flour mixture. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease entire surface.

Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down. Let rest 10 minutes. Shape into 2 balls. Roll each to fit 15 inch pizza pan. Place dough in pans and form edges. Prick crust.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce and desired toppings. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until toppings bubbles and edges of crust brown.

from cooks.com

FREEZE THIN AND CRISPY CRUSTS:

Bake as directed for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, wrap and freeze. When ready to bake, remove the crust from freezer, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, bake as directed.

Have used a Rye Cracker for pizza crust. Can't remember the 'brand' name (package from Sweden - I believe; colored red/blue/white) however I always purchased it from CostPlus in the ethnic food aisle. It is a 'large' round small pizza size rye cracker and seems to do the job for our family.

Ernie in Northern California

Food and Recipes Recipes PizzaMay 10, 2006
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Thin crust pizza.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipes
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
🎄