Pickled Eggs

This is a recipe I grew up with, and my son grew up with, and my granddaughter grew up with. This is requested as the dish I should bring every time there is a family get-together.

• 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 large can sliced beets
  • 1/2 cup more or less sugar
  • 1/2 cup more or less apple cider vinegar

Boil the eggs as usual, cool, and remove shells. Place the peeled eggs in a large jar.

Put beets and juice in a saucepan and add vinegar and sugar to taste. It should be a sweet sour taste. Bring to a boil.

Remove the beets and place them in a bowl or jar to be eaten hot or cold as sweet-sour beets.

Pour liquid into the jar so it covers the eggs. Let them set at least until the eggs turn color. I put mine in the refrigerator overnight.

My family likes them so well that we eat them any time. My mother made them for holidays or family get-togethers.

Servings: 12
Time:10-15 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: One of my mother's recipes which I believe came from her mother.

By Clynn A. from Inglis, FL

A jar of hard boiled eggs in a pickling solution.
Pickled Eggs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes EggsSeptember 25, 2009
Pickled Okra
Pickled Okra Recipes
Pickled Beets
Pickled Beets Recipes
bowl of red, green, and black grapes
Pickled Grape Recipes
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes