Matches dressed up for the holidays! Small rectangular matchboxes covered with gift-wrap.
Editor's Note: These also would make nice gift boxes for dolls.
Materials and Equipment:
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- a piece of wrapping paper
- two matchboxes (the kind that wooden matches come in)
- a ruler
- a pencil
- craft glue
- glue spreader or Q-tip
- a lid from a used plastic container (such as a yogurt container)
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting glue on the table.
- Measure the length (the longest side) and the width (the shortest side) of one matchbox. Then measure a piece of wrapping paper that is several times as long as the length of the box and one inch wider than the width. Outline the measurements lightly with a pencil and then cut along the lines you have drawn.
- For the width of the matchbox, fold the edges in towards the center by 1/2 an inch on either side. Now wrap the paper around the matchbox. Cut the length of the wrapping paper a 1/4 inch past the point where the paper has completely wrapped the box.
- Pour a small puddle of glue onto the container lid. Using the glue spreader, spread a thin coat of glue onto the back of the wrapping paper. Wrap the paper around the matchbox, smoothing it as you do so.
- While the matchbox is drying, cut the strike pad (where you strike the match to light it) out of the other matchbox. When the wrapped matchbox is dry, glue the strike pad to one side of the box. Allow the box to dry completely.
- Place the wrapped matchbox next to your favorite Christmas candle.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 20, 2017 at 2:22:33 AM on 10.0.1.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us