Puppy Chews On Everything

I have a 12 week old male, Toy Poodle that chews everything. How do I keep him from chewing things that he should not chew?

By Kelly from AL

When my youngest dog was a pup he used to want to chew on everything too, especially when he was teething. I had tried yelling, swatting, putting nasty tasting stuff where he'd chew, nothing worked. Then I decided to try shock treatment! Not electric but shock as in startle. I gathered up a whole bunch of spray bottles that would spray a stream for as far as I could get them to spray. I filled them all up with water and set them everywhere where they'd be handy for me to grab real quick.

I also put a few milk bones and rawhides next to each bottle so they'd be handy too. Every time I'd catch him chewing, I didn't bother yelling or anything. I simply grabbed the bottle and gave him a good squirt! It startled him enough to get him to back off for a second. I took that second to offer him a milk bone or rawhide to chew on. It didn't take long at all before he was asking for his chew treats instead of chewing on the furniture and shoes, etc.

I have a little silky terrier. He is 8 and still chewing. He has spoiled some of my good rugs. I find when I am on the phone, he does it for attention. I have put some fluffy toys and a blanket in his bed. I always bring it to his attention when he chews. He knows when I say "bad dog." He got my sprinkler connection the other day and chewed it. When I told him off he put it back where he got it from. Be firm and persistent, but always show a lot of love.

Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 11, 2010
A dog in a crate
Dealing With a Dog That Chews
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate
gift box
Gift Ideas for Someone That Has Everything
Puppy with pig ear chews.
Homemade Dog Chews
🎄