MiscellaneousChristmas

Are There Programs for Children Wishing to Send Christmas Cards to Soldiers?

My son's 1st grade class wants to make Christmas cards for our soldiers. Who do I contact?

By nat78mom from Auburndale, FL

I used to volunteer for adoptaplatoon.org. They screen potential supporters, to help ensure the safety of our troops. If you're interested, fill out your information:

http://adoptapl … site/?page_id=16

If there is a spot for a personal note, tell them what you've told us -- that your son's class wants to send letters. They might give you the information for a chaplain or other contact who would be happy to distribute your letters.

Good job with the kids -- I hope they enjoy the project. I'm sure the troops will!

I send cards to soldiers using the website anysoldier.com. You can get names of soldiers from your state or choose a name. I once sent a card to a soldier who had the same name as my father. It is neat to read about their team and what they are doing. Cards are very special to them. You can send one or many. The anysoldier contact person passes the mail to soldiers who don't get much mail from friends and family. It's a real morale booster. The cost of mailing a letter is the same as sending a letter in the US.

I think this is a Wonderful idea & im going to start doing it! Thank You to All our Soldiers & Veterans!

Thanks, you've been very helpful. Natalie

Check with your local Red Cross. They have a program where you can sent the cards and they will distribute them.