Keeping Rabbits Out of the Garden

What can I place in my vegetable garden and around my flowers to deter rabbits from eating them? I know I can fence in the garden, but what about flowers?

By Joe B

As the woman at the garden shop told me not much stops them but a fence. I have heard marigolds will deter them ~ they ate mine. I was also told bone meal, or coyote urine will work but has to be replenished when it rains or when your sprinklers go on as is the situation here in CA. I also heard just plain red cayenne pepper sprinkled on the leaves will deter them. This use to work for me when I lived in the northeast with my flowers but again has to be replenished often but I got bottles at the dollar store.Not so sure you want to put that on your vegetables though. Good luck I haven't found anything but a fence to work so far and then I had problems with the snails!

My grandpa always put bone meal around the garden.

Black and white rabbit eating grass.
Keeping Rabbits Out of Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 12, 2011
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
Pet Rabbits
Raising Pet Rabbits