Do You Wear Rubber Gloves To Wash Dishes?

Do you wear rubber gloves to wash dishes?

Katie from Hiram, GA

If you want to protect your hands you do.

I know I SHOULD but I don't. I like the feel of the water on my cold hands and you can feel stuff that may be left on dishes that you thought were clean while wearing gloves. Plus I hate dealing with taking them off and where to hang them.

To compensate for no gloves I switched to a more gentle dish soap that still gets the dishes just as clean and I always use hand lotion after dishwashing and try to use hand lotion after hand washing in general. It only takes a small dab.

Always. Otherwise my nails are weakened.

Sometimes, but my diabetes has left me with less feeling in my fingers so when I do, I use the gloves that have gripper texture on the palm and fingers. I also always put my favourite hand cream on my hands before putting on the gloves. The heat from the hot water then softens my hands better than just applying the lotion alone. Use a non-greasy one.

Yes...they are a bit cumbersome but I think they really help with the split nails, hangnails, dry hands.

It does protect your hands. I read in some magazine awhile back that to treat your hands you should apply good lotion or cream to your hands without rubbing it into your hands all the way and wash your dishes while wearing the gloves. The heat from the water is supposed to really help the lotion penetrate into your hands.

No and my hands look great at 40.

No way, can't stand working with them on.

I don't like the feeling. The only time I wear rubber gloves is when I had to clean out my daughter's fish tank. Ugh!

Teresa

Yes always, I wan't to protect my skin against the hot water and soap.

Yes, I do. I suppose it is a good way to prevent some 'diseases'. In addition, some chemical products

can be harmful in contact with your hands, so always wear protective gloves during chores, when possible.

PS. My girlfriend also wear rubber gloves.

Regards,

Thanks.

All the time. They protect my manicure and keep my hands soft, as well as allowing me to use hotter water.

I've been using those gloves sometimes for 15 years to do dishes and the last two months, I've had urticaria (twice) on my hands! It's very itchy! I am using Calamine!

Yes I do because at 24 I have three pairs of gloves! One is for dishes, another is for laundry, and the third is for wearing for fun. I really use them because I like having my hands soft, and I work at a school. I am the nurse and I don't like touching the kids, so I put on my yellow rubber gloves. Today I have to do physicals and I wore some rubber gloves. Also the guy I'm dating thinks wearing the gloves is hot.

No but my girlfriend does. Her name is Rachel and she uses them because she loves her hands and doesn't want them ruined. Plus she doesn't like doing the dishes because she is disgusted by them. Now she is trying to get me to use them by wearing her rubber gloves all around me to make me get used to them.

Of course I do. I like to protect my hands. And I like the feeling of gloves on my hands. I mostly use them for cleaning the bathroom also.

I wear rubber gloves to wash dishes to protect my hands. But sometimes the water comes into the rubber gloves and I have my hands wet.

I wear them to do dishes because my hands dry out so easily. I never used to because it seemed unnecessary. I use them more and more now.

Yep. I live with my Auntie and she makes me wear them. She cooks, I clean, that's the deal. Sometimes I think she is just making fun of me because they are long and pink!

Yes. Back when I was in 7th grade I was in a Home economics class and we had to wash dishes I used rubber gloves. Now I have them and they help a lot. They are good for grip and using harsh detergent and hotter water. And I also use them to clean my toilet. UGH!

Of course I use them. Every night I Think it is relaxing to put on soft gloves and wash dishes. I'm saying that rubber gloves are good and that they help. I love them so much that I use them for everyday cleaning. I use the Playtex gloves which are really good!

We have a dishwasher at home, but when I'm living in my flat at uni, yes I always wear them. I hate the feeling of dry chapped hands which I get if I don't use rubber gloves. And it saves on the handcream!

Yes I dp I also use them to shampoo my haoir

Rubber Gloves
Using Rubber Gloves
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 19, 2007
Yellow Rubber Gloves
Reusing Rubber Gloves
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
knitted fingerless gloves
Knitting Fingerless Gloves
🎄
🍂