Dyeing Your Hair With Jell-O

Does anyone know how to dye (the tips) of your hair with Jell-o? I have no clue how to do it, but it seems pretty inexpensive.

TN

Best Answer

Hey there! It's jell-o nowadays, huh? When I was in high school, it was kool-ade... And that didn't really work, either. Unless you have light blonde hair, it won't take at all... That means you'll have to bleach it first. But all you do is add hot water (not boiling) to the mix, a lot stronger than the package says (proportional to the amount of hair you're dyeing), then soak your hair in it. I assume you're doing it this way because you want it to be temporary? Speaking as someone who used to have neon hair, I suggest using a real dye- Especially since you're just doing the tips. You can always cut them off after you're tired of having it bright pink or whatever color you're aiming for. Just don't use manic panic- it'll dye your neck as soon as you sweat or get caught in the rain. Or at least it used to... :) Happy coloring!

Best Answer

be careful- my daughter has blonde hair and her dad was away for a few days and i let her put blue jello in her hair. after at least 10 washings it still had dye in it, but it looked like she had gray hair. It was a LONG time before she was blonde again. I think she was 10 or so at the time

Best Answer

I first heard about fying your hair with jello straight from a rave kid, and she did it blue. I just recently tried to do my hair platinum blonde, but since it had red in it before it kinda, failed. So now since my hair is bleached. I figure I can put any colour I want on top of it. So, if you're going to do it with jello or kool-aid, make sure you bleach your hair first, or have really light hair.

I'm going to do a test with a bit behind my ear and see how it turns out over the course of a few days. Maybe if I remember I'll post again and say how it turned out. Doing it blue, by the way.

I dye by hair with kool-aid singles to go packets it is easy and cheap! all you have to do is put kool-aid in a microwave safe jar and put it in the microwave for four minutes and wala!! It works best if you dip a tooth brush in the jar and then use it to highlight/dye your hair!

i love it

We used to use Kool-aid for ours. It worked better for those who had naturally dry hair or damaged hair. We would shampoo our hair and rinse well, then mix the Kool-aid, 1 or 2 packs of unsweetened, in a little bit of conditioner, put it on with or without heat (wrap in plastic and sit under a dryer for 10-30 min), then rinse and go. None of these food dyes rinse out all that easily, they do stay around for a while, so beware.

Okay. My daughter is a brunette and she was devastated that it didn't work on her hair. She was really looking forward to doing it as well. All her other friends did it, but they are blonds. What should I do to make it appear?

Despite all the warnings about it not washing out. I tried to dye my goatee which is very grey, and left the jello on for 20 mins. It totally rinsed out with out a trace of color. Any help for someone would be cool. I have really bad reaction to any other dyes perm or temp ones.

I'm trying to the the same thing. But just the tips and I only want it for tonight. I'm going to a fourth of July party and I want my tips on my braids to be red and blue

I use Kool-Aid, I have never used Jell-O. I just mix 1-2 packets of UNSWEETENED Kool-Aid with about 1 capful of conditioner. Mix REALLY well and apply to hair. Leave it in your hair covered with plastic wrap or foil for 4-5 hours. It really works! Try it!

Someone help! I have brown ish to dark blond hair. I want to dye the tips red. It's not working. What can I try?

I have wanted to do this for a while and my mom thinks it is safer to do it with jello, so I need tips on exactly how to do it. I have dirty blonde colored hair and I want to do red or green or both for the holiday season. How long dose it last and how long dose it take to do this? So if anyone knows how to do this please help me! Thank you and have a great day.

What will happen if I dye the tips of my hair with SWEETENDED Kool-aid? What will it do? Does it still work? HELP!

Me and my mom are going to dye my dogs (short) hair with jell-o, but I don't know how to do it? Should I just mix everything together, and dye it, or just mix it and put plastic on him? I have looked everything on line that is possible but I can't find out what to do with him!

Please help us! Thank you "sooo much"!

There are two ways and it depends on what your hair color is, if you have light brown hair it is easy or even blonde hair. If you have brown hair light or dark you will need to use this method, warning if your hair is black it won't work so you want to bleach your hair.

You will need 1/2 cup warm water, 1 pack of jello, paintbrush, bowl, spoon for mixing, hair cap, hair tie, hair clip.

1. Mix jello with water, longer hair might require doubling this recipe,if you're hair is a bit darker than light brown you will have to double this recipe.

2. Apply the thick liquid to your hair.

3. Tie your hair into a bun the top of your head and put on a shower cap.

4. Leave the dye in your hair for at least ten hours.

5. Then rinse your hair till the water runs clear, style as normal.

If you have blonde hair it is super easy you will have to use this method if you're hair is red or orange you will have to look up a color on the Internet that will show up on your hair.

You will need, 1-2 packs of jello depending on your hit length, hair conditioner, bowl, mixing spoon, old towel or Halloween costume cape, gloves you don't mind getting stained.

1.Mix the jello with the hair conditioner.

2. Apply to hair, if you want to dye your whole head massage it all and put a shower cap over it also if your doing your tips put a shower cap over it it you want to do strands wrap it in aluminum foil.

3. Leave the dye in your hair for an hour if you want the color to be stronger leave it in even longer.

4. Rinse your hair thoroughly the color will last about seven to ten washes.

Enjoy!

A box of cherry Jell-O
Dyeing Hair With Jell-O
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJuly 24, 2007
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄