Fostering A Rescued Dog

I see, that once again, I have a foster baby. His name is Elrod. He is is an adorable, incredibly intelligent three month old Pibble. which is short for Pit Bull mix.

So adorable and so scared of all things in a house since he has never been in a house before, the TV and other household sounds have taken him by surprise. I am socializing him by taking him to places and letting him see the world. It is a lot of fun also to see how smart these little guys are.

I am going to do paint pictures with him to raise the funds for him to go to the $70 - $100 obedience class at Petsmart. I am sure I can get $20 of it from my husband and then I can put in $20. I am going to have my animals paint pictures. One way is to have them hold a paintbrush with my help, and paint on a piece of paper. Then when it dries, I will put a picture of the artist and frame it in an inexpensive frame.

This way the animals can all pitch in to help with fundraising for the little puppy to get educated. I am very picky who will get this wonderful young man, and I will require a phone interview and two or three house visits, and a phone number of any landlord, etc.

Just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of this little guy and my plans of raising his scholarship funds!

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

It is wonderful that you are helping this precious dog. I had a pitbull for 14 years. She was a wonderful dog and a great ambassador for this breed. I am now fostering a boxer who is an older dog who lost his home when his family lost their house. I love your creative idea to raise money for Elrod's obdedience training. I know you are giving him a great opportunity for a wonderful life.

Great story, and a really neat idea for raising money to go towards his training. Reminds me of something my 3 daughters did when they were 6, 8 and 11 years old. They had our Tuxedo Bootsie male kitty "paint" a picture

for my birthday one year. It was just straight lines on the inside of my birthday card...not much of a picture until I asked the youngest what was the name of Bootsie's painting...She promptly replied, "Fiddle Sticks Mom, Fiddle Sticks. Can't you tell?"

Anytime now when a family member asked a "dumb question", someone is bound to say, "Fiddle Sticks. Can't you tell?" We just might have our Sir Catty Kit paint a picture now that you've brought back a nice memory.

Thanks for sharing, and Elrod is a lucky fellow. Good Luck with your plan. Sending a picture of Sir Catty Kit who was 5 years old on Feb 14 this year... Our Darling! Julia in Boca Raton, FL

A dog awaiting adoption.
Adopting a Rescued Pet
Pets AdviceFebruary 18, 2010
Scared dog hiding behind wall
Rescued Dog Has Not Warmed Up to New Owners
Scared Chihuahua against a white background
Rescued Dog is Afraid of Everything
Woman with Adopted Dog
Adopting a Pet
Pit Bull
Training a Rescued Pit Bull