Buying Bulk Catnip

Does anyone know of patterns for cat toys and also a reputable company to buy good, organic catnip in larger quantities? I don't need 50 lbs, I mean like 5 or 10 lbs. I requested prices from some on-line places but never got answers back.

Dawn from Orlando, FL

If you are looking to make several for like selling, I understand your need to search, but did you know you can grow it like a houseplant? Ask your local florist how to go about it.

Ask far as patterns go, I would say a good used sock, some felt, needle, thread and imagination, and you can make as many "MICE" as your kitty can handle!

Once you find a small mouse toy, allow the toy to stand in an airtight jar of Catnip At least 24 hrs. Refrigerate the catnip to maintain freshness. BEST toy for your feline? Get the over the door-way elastic hanging toy. WARNING he may be strong enough to pull it down.

Create your own mouse toys from a sock you lost the mate to. Put the catnip in the toe area; sew it closed. Attach to the elastic string that is hanging on a door.

Here's one:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/bulkherb.php

I have grown cat nip in my garden, and since you are in Florida, it should be easy to grow. It grows quite large -- like 2 1/2-3 feet tall, so I don't know about growing it as a house plant. The only problem is that the cats kept rolling on it, and so there was nothing to harvest in the fall -- they had worn it out. However, if you have a lot of cats, maybe that would be something you would like to have anyway. Sorry that this doesn't help your immediate problem, but it was a random thought that occurred to me.

I get my herbs, etc. from AmeriHerb, Inc. P.O. Box 1968 Ames, Ia. 50010-1968. They have a tele. # 1-800-267-6141. They list catnip leaf, cert. organic $8.00 a pound. You can buy it by the pound.

Thank you to all who have taken me into the community. I will definitely check out the bulk sold by companies. Growing outside would be an issue because it would have to be in pots as it is a condo community.

Your feedback and kindness has been incredible. Thank you again.

If anyone out here has any ideas on relatively economical yet not cheap looking ideas for cats I would appreciate any input. I am looking for small ideas such as kitchen items, planters etc. Every dollar helps that we can clear after cost.

PS My friend's crew has a huge, closed in area that is a cat's dream. They also have a screened in porch as well as garage with their own beds etc. My babies are all indoor cats now and have never complained. I have the space for them to race when they have their cat crazies and I just can't tell you the delight for both them and me. They will never be afraid again if I have my way.

If anyone considers taking in or adopting an older cat, please DO consider it. They are so thankful for what you do that you could not ask for a better pet. Remember, all of mine were born outside and have seen horrors including the murder of siblings etc. They were all very close. Indoors they are loving and well behaved and my worst one is the one I spoiled but we were alone for quite awhile. She too had been abandoned.

Thanks Again. I feel as though I have friends out here

PS today I have added Penelope's picture. She is one of 3 baby survivors who lost both parents but have their Aunt who was yesterday's pin-up girl with the roses. Dawn

Catnip is so easy to grow and it constantly reseeds itself. You only need to buy one plant and a food dehydrator. And then you'll know exactly how organic it is!

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 30, 2008
A pile of apple slices.
Freezing Apples
A cat eating catnip.
Growing and Using Catnip (and Cat Grass)
Adult Diapers
Buying Adult Diapers in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
🎄
🍂