Dry Erase Marker on Polyester

Help! My grandson got dry erase marker on a brand new Detroit Tiger $80 jersey. it is 100% polyester. I tried everything I could think of. Please help; he's heartbroken.

By Dotty

Try using the stuff that they use to clean the dry erase boards. Look in a store like Staples for this product. I have never tried it -- just a thought. But if it will dissolve it off the whiteboard, it should take it off a shirt that way.

I use alcohol to clean my dry erase board; I wonder if that might take it out of the jersey. One thing I use for most stains is plain ole 3% peroxide, available in dollar stores. It takes out most any stain.

You could also try hand sanitizer gel - the stuff that is mostly alcohol - rub it in and wash as usual. DO NOT put in the dryer! If needed, treat and wash again, and then wash once more to be sure the alcohol is totally out of the shirt before putting it in the dryer. The last thing you want is a dryer fire.

Take it to a dry cleaners, for the simple $10 or less cost, versus the cost of buying and trying. They will tell you whether it can be done or not. Always tell the cleaners what the stains are, if possible. Clean things right away. The longer things sit, the harder to come out.

I had a stain like this and it came out with an old bar of soap

Use murphys oil soap or spot shot and hopefully it works :-)

September 29, 2010 Flag

How do I remove dry erase marker stains on polyester?

By Muttern

Dry Erase Marker on Polyester

There is a spray out that they use to remove permanent marker from dry erase boards if it has been used by accident. Not sure if you can use it on polyester, but it may take the stain out. I'd read the label first. Have you tried a stain remover and water? You haven't said what the article is. (09/10/2009)

By quiltmum

Removing Dry Erase Marker Stains on Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 29, 2010
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers on White Background
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Chalk Board
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile