Removing Contact Paper From Walls

I would like to know how to remove contact paper from walls and stove hoods.

Thank you,
Tricia from Verona, NJ

People are saying to use a hair dryer on the contact paper. Can a hair dryer on regular wallpaper work just as well?

Editor's Note: Contact paper has an adhesive that softens with heat. Wallpaper has a water soluble paste. I don't think it would work the same.

We Have 1982 motor home were trying to up date it. Some one used contact paper for wall paper in the bedroom. Looks like they tried to tear some of it off what a mess. What do l do? I want to remove what contact paper is left on the wall and paint the wall. is their any faster way of getting it off then using a hair dryer? THANKS Shirley

Sorry to ask a question on a question. I'm trying to remove contact paper in an RV. It appears that the contact paper has been put over luan. I tried the hairdryer technique everyone has suggested, but when I pull the contact paper, it just stretches the area that's bubbled up instead of peeling it off. Is there a trick to making it not stretch?

October 10, 2005 Flag

The previous owner used contact paper as wallpaper. How do you remove it?

John Hurley from Westerly, RI

Hair Dryer 10/10/2005
A hairdryer works beautifully, removing contact paper. Just direct the heat towards a corner of the paper and start pulling on the paper, while the hairdryer is softening the adhesive on the contact paper...Move the hairdryer back and forth on the paper...
By sharon
Hair Dryer 10/10/2005
My neighbor heated it with the hair dryer and it comes off fine, so she could paint over the walls.
By siris.
Hair Dryer 10/10/2005
try using a warm hair dryer,to relax paper to be pulled off.
By emerald
Heat It 10/10/2005
Use a hair dryer to heat the glue and peel it off slowly as you heat. Do a small area at a time.
By Richard

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperJuly 4, 2006
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
woman cleaning
Removing Glue Residue Left By Contact Paper
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling