Beeswax Christmas Trees
Make your own evergreen forest of tapered beeswax candles shaped like Christmas trees. Leave plain or cover with a healthy snowfall of glitter. These candles make a lovely hostess gift that can be set right on the buffet table!
Materials and Equipment:
- one sheet of honeycomb textured beeswax, in green
- one foot of candle wick
- an exactoknife
- a thick piece of cardboard or plywood to cut on
- a ruler with a hard edge for cutting, two feet or longer
- glitter, your choice of color (optional)
- glue stick (optional)
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with a thick piece of cardboard or plywood to protect it from cuts.
- Cut a sheet of wax lengthwise on the diagonal. You should now have two triangles. Place these on top of each other. Turn the shortest end of the wax towards you.
- Cut a piece of wick that is just a touch longer than the short edge of the wax triangles. Press the wick onto the short edge and roll the wax over the wick. Continue rolling the two triangles, pressing the wax tightly as you go. Press the end of the wax flush against the candle when you finish rolling it.
- Step three will make one tall, medium-width Christmas tree candle. If you would like to make a thinner candle, use only one triangle of the wax. If you would like to make a shorter, fatter candle, cut a sheet of wax in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into four triangles. Place three of the four triangles on top of each other and roll. Staggering the wax so the triangles are placed over each other unevenly can also result in interesting effects.
- Make several of these candles in different sizes and widths, and place them together on a table to make a candle 'forest'. If you are not burning the candles, you can lightly run a glue stick over the sides and sprinkle the candles with glitter 'snow'. They are also lovely on their own.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on July 22, 2016 at 10:07:24 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us