Use Carrots Bought On Sale
- Cut carrots into thin matchsticks and use to garnish soups.
- Puree leftover cooked carrots and use to thicken soups.
- Make carrot curls:
Slice a lengthwise strip from the carrot. Then, with a vegetable peeler,
cut long, thin strips from the flat surface. The strips should curl (if
not, wrap them around your finger). Drop into a bowl of ice water for an
hour or longer.
- Chop leftover cooked carrots and add to hamburger meat or use to
extended meat loaves or meatballs.
- Place finely grated carrots into commercial tomato sauce before heating
to freshen its taste and reduce its acidity.
- Grate raw carrots into slaws or salads.
- Grate carrots and toss with lemon juice and black pepper. Serve along or
with diced picked beets as an appetizer.
- Roll cooked carrots in butter and combine with one or more tablespoons
chopped herbs such as dill, chives or fresh rosemary.
- For a delicious pickled snack, marinate carrot sticks in leftover pickle
juice. And here you can recycle the pickle jar & the juice a couple of times.
By Bill IN S.E. MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 16, 2017 at 2:25:21 PM on 10.0.2.207 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us