Use Carrots Bought On Sale
- Cut carrots into thin matchsticks and use to garnish soups.
- Puree leftover cooked carrots and use to thicken soups.
- Make carrot curls:
Slice a lengthwise strip from the carrot. Then, with a vegetable peeler,
cut long, thin strips from the flat surface. The strips should curl (if
not, wrap them around your finger). Drop into a bowl of ice water for an
hour or longer.
- Chop leftover cooked carrots and add to hamburger meat or use to
extended meat loaves or meatballs.
- Place finely grated carrots into commercial tomato sauce before heating
to freshen its taste and reduce its acidity.
- Grate raw carrots into slaws or salads.
- Grate carrots and toss with lemon juice and black pepper. Serve along or
with diced picked beets as an appetizer.
- Roll cooked carrots in butter and combine with one or more tablespoons
chopped herbs such as dill, chives or fresh rosemary.
- For a delicious pickled snack, marinate carrot sticks in leftover pickle
juice. And here you can recycle the pickle jar & the juice a couple of times.
By Bill IN S.E. MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 6:20:59 AM on 10.0.1.228 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us