1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously, butter one 9-by-13-inch baking dish, or two 9-by-5 bread baking dishes.
3. Slice the bagel into 1 inch cubes into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the melted butter. Toss gently to combine.
4. Spread the cubes in the bottom of the dish, or split between the two dishes.
5. Distribute fruit evenly on top of the cube mixture, set aside.
6. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, milk, cream, salt, and vanilla together until the sugar has dissolved.
7. Pour the mixture over the bagels. Mix well or use your hands to make sure all the pieces are coated with the mixture.
8. Let absorb, so that the bagels soak up the liquid. About 20 minutes.
9. Bake in the middle rack for about 45 minutes, or until the pudding has completely set at the edges but still wiggles a little bit in the middle.
Caution: The pudding will continue to bake after you take it out of the oven.
Serve the pudding warm with whipped cream or vanilla yogurt.
You can make bread pudding up to a day ahead and reheat it in a 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes before serving.
By Lesa D. from Auburn HIlls, Michigan Prep time: 30 min
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!