Black Beans and Rice

This is such an economical and easy dish to make, not to mention delicious. On days when I don't have bread to make a sandwich for lunch or don't have anything else to pack for my lunch, I'll cook the rice while preparing breakfast in the morning. Then I grab the other items and assemble everything at work.

• 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • salsa
  • sour cream
  • black olives (optional)

Spoon some rice into a serving bowl, top with some black beans. Microwave on high until heated through. Top with salsa and sour cream. You can add some black olives if you'd like. Serves about 4.

Source: My own creation

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

thanks for the great idea - I love black beans and sour cream, and look for easy ways to pack them as lunches for work. I can't wait to try your recipe!

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesMarch 3, 2008
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker