Deer and Rabbit Deterrent

If you are troubled by deer or rabbits eating plants in your garden, try my foolproof remedy. After a lot of experimenting, I came up with this easy and inexpensive spray.

Whisk one egg with 1 cup water; pour into a 1 quart pistol grip spray bottle. Add 1 tsp dish soap. Fill rest with water. Set outside in the sun for about 3 days, until it's putrefied. One little squirt does the job. You do not have to over saturate.

I mix up 2 bottles at a time so I always have one in reserve. You must reapply after a rain. Say 'goodbye' to the garden invaders! A lot of friends have tried this and can attest to its effectiveness.

Source: my own recipe

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

I'm about ready to try anything. Last winter, a nest of bunnies holed up under the lady's mantle plant in my garden then proceeded to devour two large burning bushes. They started at the bottom where I couldn't see and completely girdled both bushes, killing them.

My question, though, is doesn't this stink pretty bad? I'm guessing that's the whole idea, right?

But, eeeuuuwww.

Sounds interesting, I take it you spray round the plant, not on it ( I grow veg!). Does it attract flies?

Marg from England.

Does this work for keeping the neighbor's dogs from using my garden as a toilet?

I wonder if this is the same as using a pinch of garden sulfur powder in water [rotten egg gas smell], dog owners sometimes feed sulfur powder to their dogs for shinny coats. phuuw

This beats running outside of the house and yelling at the rabbits to leave!

Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden, Doe in Suburban Garden
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlOctober 28, 2009
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
Deer in a garden
Homemade Deer Repellents
🎉
🎄