Making Adult Cry Baby Costume

I need easy ideas for making my own adult cry baby costume, or the adult in the high chair costume.

lillbitcrazy from Wauseon, OH

I've done a baby or toddler for my own costume a couple of times and had lots of compliments. What I did was put my hair up in pigtails and tie ribbons in them. I put freckles on my face with an eye pencil in one case, and with a brownish lipstick in the other. I wore bubblegum pink clothing in one case, and in the other I just had a sweatshirt and jeans on. Then I put on a plastic bib -- of course it wouldn't tie around my neck so I folded the "corners" at the top down a bit and safety pinned it to my shirt.

I got a pacifier and pacifier holder and clipped it to the bib, and occasionally put the pacy in my mouth. Also, I carried around a sippy-cup full of water. It was a very effective look -- I work retail and wore it to work, and my customers loved it!

The funniest thing, was a small girl of about 3 who must have been being broken from her pacifier. She looked at me, and then at her mom, and then back at me and told her mom: "Mama look, hers got a pacy and hers a big dirl..... that's bad, right?" It was all I could do to keep from cracking up right in front of her -- it was too cute!

Hope this helped! Good luck.

Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 24, 2008
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Remedies for Colic
Remedies for Colic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 7:22:15 AM on in 883 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.