Storing Things Where They Belong

When folding sheets and pillow cases to store, I put the pillow cases in between the top and bottom sheets. When changing the bed I just have to pull out the bundle and they are all together as a set. I also store my new kitchen trash bags in the trash can. That way when I take the full bag to the outside trash can, a new bag is right there to put in the trash can.

By soochatty from Middletown, DE

I have a funny story concerning this idea. I stored my large new roll of trash bags in the bottom of my outside trash barrel, thinking it would be so easy to remove the full one and automatically pull up the next one to collect the trash. I ended up in hospital when trash day rolled around only to be quizzed by my husband when he came by for a visit. "Where do you store the new trash bags for the outdoor trash barrel?" When I replied that I stored them in the bottom of the barrel he replied "well, I guess I let the trash man take them this morning." It had never occured to me to lug the barrel out to the street, only to have to lug it back again when it had been emptied. I always just pulled the full bag out and took it to the street.

I always put my folded sheets inside the pillow case. That way one does not go missing.

I put the sheets inside the pillowcase so can always find the sheet sets fast and they stack well.

Soochatty, are you sure you're not me? I do the same things. Folding my pillowcases inside my sheets into one bundle. Also storing trash bag rolls in the trash cans. Makes life much easier for these two tasks!

I also store my pillow cases in with my sheets, and I put a dryer sheet in the bundle to keep them fresh smelling. I also bundle my towels together. Roll the towels up with the hand towel and wash cloth in it.

Organized Garage
Organizing Tips and Tricks
Organizing AdviceJune 25, 2008
Growing Bean Vine Crops
Growing Vine Crops
Grapfruit wedge with grapefruits in the background.
Storing Grapefruit
Mouse in Kitchen
Keeping Mice out of Appliances
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
🎄