Diet (Noodle-Less) Lasagna
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- dash garlic salt
- dash pepper
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 8 oz. low fat cottage cheese
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium size, non-stick skillet, saute' ground meat and onion until onion is tender and meat is browned. Do not add fat or oil to skillet!
- Add tomato sauce, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic salt, pepper and mushrooms to ground beef mixture.
- Combine well-drained spinach with cottage cheese. In 8 inch square baking dish, arrange in layers the spinach mixture, then the meat mixture, then some grated cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide