Asian Ladybug Deterrent

I have used this idea for the past several years and it works well for me: scatter bay leaves around on window sills or anywhere else flat you can place them. It keeps them away. The next fall I do it again. I haven't been bothered since. If you have ever been bit by one of these buggers, you're willing to try anything. They are nasty.

I tried this and it didn't work. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me more about this?We are in the middle of a lady bug plague and they are driving me "buggy"

We are plagued too. More info please !!! :)

I like the bay leaf idea. Our house is an ivory colour and the infestation of these are overwhelming. I've killed 60 or so in one day. There are just too many to capture and I don't want to release them because I don't want them to multiply and come back. We tried the vacuum solution and it works ok, but they smell and it stays in the plastic. They bite. I've been bitten while sleeping and they crawl onto me - found one under my shirt. What I've been doing is using those chemical-free window fly strips. They won't crawl onto them but I cut them up, touch it to the beetle, crush it and put it into a can with a lid. I'll try anything to get rid f them. Your site came up on a search and see there are other interesting tips - thank you.

Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsNovember 19, 2004
Asian Dipping Sauce
Asian Dipping Sauce Recipes
Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Organic Food
Buying Organic Food
Ladybug Themed Party
Ladybug Themed Party Ideas