Christmas Gag Gift Ideas

I need some clean Christmas "gag" gift ideas.

Rags from TN

Best Answer

how about: grow your own furniture kit: acorn in a bag with note that says: plant and in 40 or so years cut down and make your own oak furniture. Belly button lint cleaner: a piece of pipe cleaner that is curved at end to look something like a toilet bowl brush.

Best Answer

We did this one year and it was hilarious. Everyone received a gift specially designed for them. For instance, one of the family was moving from California to Minnesota so we wrapped up a "can of smog." Another had an extreme political hatred of someone so we made a necklace of his picture on it for her to wear. You get the idea. It has to be personal yet something you can laugh about.

Best Answer

Redneck gift idea:

Buy the largest pair of panties you can find and safety-pin this message on the front:

A pair of "draws' for Mrs. Claus.

Best Answer

An addition to the Car (Ford, Dodge,etc.) Repair Kit. My brother was in school, so I added mom & dads phone numbers on a tag (stated..if all else fails) in the bag with the duct tape & rubber bands. He got a kick out of it.

Best Answer

My daughter and I did this totally off the wall gag one year and gave it to the person we thought would flip out the most. Go out about a week before Christmas and buy a food item from a fast food restaurant (we bought a hamburger from McDonalds). Wrap it up and put it under the tree.The reaction to that burger was hilarious. I will never forget it.

Best Answer

My family is just huge on gag gifts. Most of then just get passed along to everyone. The number one running gag gift in our family is this stupid glass head that me and my mom found at pier one. We just couldn't understand why anyone could ever possibly want one of those. So we bought it. It has showed up so many times at holidays!

I think the best one was at my sisters wedding, she really hates leopard print, so we tied a leopard print scarf on it and gave it to her. My mom has recently quit her job that she's had for over 20 years. So when she left she put the glass head up on a shelf with a note in it that says Laura was here.

I really wish they still made these glass head but we haven't been able to find them in a while. Another thing I did was last year for our family grab bag, I bought one of the new really ugly x-mas trees made out of bark. Once again who would ever want one of those.I didn't just stop there... I got a really ugly feathered bird with shiny beads on it, and made that the tree topper and then got a tree skirt... then i glued a bunch of glitter and little pom poms to it. It was hilarious. My sister in law ended up getting it, and I can't wait to see it put out this year for x-mas :)

Best Answer

For a secret santa gag gift at work I printed a glossy 8x10 of Mr. T and signed it "To ****, hugs and kisses, Mr. T xoxo". Put that in a cheap frame and you've got a very low cost gift. Also works great with Burt Reynolds, Patrick Duffy or Alf. :)

I don't know how "clean" the gag gifts need to be, but, if you go to and click on gift ideas, then go to #8 for gag gifts they have some ideas and little poems that you can print out. For example, there is snowman poop, Grinch Toots, there is one that has a poem about making cookies, then eating them all, and you give an empty plate with a cookie cutter on it. I think the Grinch Toots was kind of cute, you bag up green M & M's and give the little poem that went along with it. I am interested to see what other people will suggest, I am not too clever coming up with gag gifts.

Here are some that I have saved for future use.

Hope this helps.

1. Put a short piece of rope in a small bag and label it "TOW ROPE FOR SHORT HAULS".

2. A tiny bottle of bath oil labelled "OIL CHANGE FOR A MINI-VAN".

HILLBILLY BUBBLE BATH Put some beans in a small jar and label it "Hillbilly Bubblebath" " cook and eat two hours before bathing".

These are a tiny clothes pin and a metal washer (you use them between a nut and a bolt when building things) in a small baggie with a tag reading Washer and Dryer or Hill Billy or Redneck...)

Hillbilly washer and dryer: Standard washcloth and regular clothespin is what our Boy Scout group used for monthly training meeting gifts.

The Yard Stick is a stick (with personality of course...) I made up a tag which I attached. "This is a yard stick. I know this cause I found it in my yard.

I bought two AA batteries, put them in a box with a note saying "Gift not included"

The home exerciser is a block of wood with this saying printed on paper glued to it.

1. Place in middle of the floor

2. Walk around it two times

3. Rest, you've just walked around the block two times.

Put some straw in a zip-loc bag and attach a tag that reads "Straw Hat -- Assembly Required"

Sawdust in a small zip lock bag labeled "Expert Jigsaw Puzzle"

Glue a dime on a stick ("dime-on" Stick) and add a pin back. A little card that says something to the effect that you have too expensive of taste for our frugal budget or explain the pun.

1 Remove beans from bag.

2 Throw them on the floor.

3 Bend down and pick up each bean.

4 Repeat hourly as needed.

Attach a bow to a roll of cookie dough with this note: "We thought this would come in handy since everyone's a little short on dough around Christmas time."

Bag confetti items, i.e., small airplanes, boats, cars, trucks, for those who just can't really afford the brand spankin new ones they can grow their own.

Musical notes confetti can be given to the person who just can't carry a tune, you can give them a bag of notes!

Tiny little Christmas presents that are meant for miniatures, these could be given for someone who is wishing for that very expensive present, they can grow their own.

Duct tape and a rubber band in a baggie.

Take a toilet bowl cleaner stick a snickers or and baby ruth in the middle of it. then attach a note to it that says "I think you forgot to flush"

Put a nut in a small box and wrap it. Write a note saying "your a nut".

or on your note you could put

"from one nut to another"

One year I got a section of the classifieds along with a pack of toilet seat covers. You could also add in one of those travel toilet paper rolls too.

Last year for Christmas I got a gift that had a pair of batteries and said "Toy not included" Everybody laughed.

A great funny gift for the holidays is Jingle Jugs. I just found a promo code that let's you get them for only 10 bucks @ All you have to do is type in JJTEST in the coupon code box upon checkout.

This one stole the cake last year at my daughter's youth group Christmas Party. It is a POO-POO Platter. Design a platter with notations about the various forms of poop. Marshmallows(Snowman poop), Miniature Tootsie Rolls(Elf poof), Rasinettes(Reindeer poop) and a Baby Ruth candy bar(Santa poop). It is hilarious!

So this one is really cute, get a baby food jar (empty) and fill it with water, a lump of coal, and a baby carrot and put a tag on it that says "melted snowman". It's very cute! Also take a little jewelry box and put a note inside that says,"well, its the though that counts", and then wrap it in a bigger box,then wrap those in a bigger box, then wrap those in a bigger box and so on. It's really funny because whoever gets it has to keep going and as they do they are laughing and then when they get to the note finally, it's funny because even though they laugh, you can tell they are a little ticked off. This is so much fun for everyone to watch. haha

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

- Casey

I love the idea of the babyruth santa poop. But can anyone tell me where I can find a poem to go with the santa poop. I can find every kind of poop poems but nothing for santa poop. Thanks!!

A bag filled with marshmallows, labeled Snowman Poop.
Christmas Gag Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceOctober 28, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume