Metal Pant Leg Things

When my husband was cleaning out his grandfathers home, he brought home some wire/metal pant leg things. I'm not sure what they were used for (to put creases in the leg during ironing?) and I'm not sure what to do with them. Does anyone have any crafty ideas for them? The only thing I have come up with is a garden stake trellis sort of thing.

I don't have a craft but I do remember my mom using those for my dad's work pants when I was little. They were used to dry pants....stretch the legs tight and the pants didn't need much ironing.

You might put them on e-bay! I've heard quite a few women mention that they'd like to find and buy a set. You might be surprised how much someone may pay for them! Good Luck!

You have a set of pants dryers. They are used in wet pants to speed drying, and make a crease. No ironing needed.

Try using them as a trellis with twine on them. How about covering with cloth, and then criss crossing with ribbon to make one of those display boards where you tuck photos behind the ribbons for display? You could use fabric glue to wrap them, kind of like wrapping a gift box. It could be hung from a cord/ribbon attached to the corners. Since they are wider on one end, hang one narrow side up, and one wide side up to form a rectangular display board.

Those are called stretchers from back in the day when we hung jeans on the clothesline to dry. The tops of the jeans were ironed after drying but the "stretchers" stretched the legs and permanently creased them. My mom used them all the time.

"Thanks for the Memory"

Don't put them out to rust! Either use them in wet pant legs hung on a clothes line or to dry inside, to save on both ironing, dryer costs and folding "just right", OR send them to ME, the frugal recycler who would cherish them and use them as intended! lol

God bless your decision. : )

They're available at Lehmans on the internet.

I have been looking for some of those wire pant leg things. Any chance you would want to part with them? Springfield, OH