Use 3 Ring Binder for Organizing Statements

After years of struggling to keep all of my monthly statements and bills in a filing box, I decided to think about what would work better for me. The problem I have is every time I open the filing box, my bills, statements and receipts are hard to find. I have to take the entire content of say, "Medical" out in order to review things or to find a certain bill etc.

I finally found a large 3-ring notebook and purchased a set of dividers with pockets. Each pocket I used scrapbooking letters to label them, Dental, Medical, checking account... and so on. I spent a few dollars and bought a paper hole cutter. Each time a statement or letter comes in, I cut the holes and insert it with the proper divider. The envelopes are great for receipts and canceled checks.

Now when I need to find something quick, I grab my 2008 filing notebook and flip through easily to what I need. It is so much more neat and organized! I love the way everything is easier to view! The cost is minimal and the notebook can store at the end of the year without taking up as much room.

By Pattie

A binder is also great for things such as homeowners polcies, auto policies, copies of insurance cards, life policies, etc. If you want to keep originals in a safe just put a copy in the binder. I also use the plastic page protectors in my "home" binder to keep important receipts, phone numbers, etc.

excellent idea...thanks for sharing

The binder system doesn't work for me. Manuels, etc. are all different sizes. Putting them in plastic dividers they fall out. I tried stapling the tops but it was a big hassel when I needed to get to one. I don't get statements in the mail; I view all of them online and pay bills online. Drs bills get shreded after paying. Have proof of payment thru online bill pay. I recently went thru manuels and found I seldom ever needed them so I trashed a lot of them. Manuels are always available online. Bank statements and credit card statements are all online if I need one. This is the most simple way I've found.

Folders labled Bills
Organizing Your Bills
Organizing Bills and MailJune 24, 2008
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring